AVPL AUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortal Kombat banned !

3 posters

Go down

Mortal Kombat banned ! Empty Mortal Kombat banned !

Post  Tyranus Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:55 am

Well im pretty pissed off! I was looking forward to this game only to find out that it got banned in AUS! The aussy game rating system SUCKS BALLS! Seems like i'll be importing it from NZ Smile
Tyranus
Tyranus
Admin

https://avplaus.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat banned ! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat banned !

Post  Some call me Tim Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:17 am

Yup its total BS! I am a big fan of MK!

Hey allow DeadSpace cause you know... Monsters did it. Its cool, as long as its a monster they can kill children and turn them into exploding bombs. Of course its cool to decorate most the game in blood and dead people. How can it possibly be a problem when a guy pops a chicks eye out with with a screw driver... he was a bit insane by the whole mess afterall...

But wait, Half-Dead ninjas doing gory fatality moves on each-other!? BAN IT! OMG WHAT ARE WE ANIMALS!?

Yeah Australia... Smarten up...

Don't worry though, it isn't totally confirmed yet. The same happened to AvP and it got turned around, it may be the same case if we are lucky.
Some call me Tim
Some call me Tim

Back to top Go down

Post  Some call me Tim Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:03 am

Ok update:

The company has decided to appeal to Australia board's decision claiming that equally if not more gory games has successfully made it through the Australian Market. They will choose some games for example. The battle is on.

http://games.on.net/article/11768/Warner_to_Appeal_Mortal_Kombat_OFLC_Rejection

The link refers to the article. Smile
Some call me Tim
Some call me Tim

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat banned ! Empty :O

Post  Phalan Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm

That is quite unfortunate. The AUSSIE rating system can be absolute BS most of the time. All I'll say is that I've got my ORIGINAL mortal combat right next to me on my Sega mega drive and that's the only one I need. Very Happy
For now....

Phalan

Back to top Go down

Post  Some call me Tim Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:25 am

Update:

Appeal for Mortal Kombat has failed. We will not be seeing any copies sold in Australia. However I have not ready anything about "banned", rather it wont be sold here.

I am grabbing a Xbox 360 copy with another method. It will most likely work, and its cheaper.
Some call me Tim
Some call me Tim

Back to top Go down

Post  Some call me Tim Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 am

Another update!

Check this link out: http://games.on.net/article/11909/FIGHT

Basically the game HAS officially been banned from Australia. Ordering a copy (cheat it cheaper too mind you) from another country is illegal. If caught you can get fined up to 3X the games worth to $110,000! Apparently they have increase security checks for such content.

So, is it wise we invest Thousands of dollars in stopping adults from purchasing games or perhaps its wise to... well maybe invest in something useful.
Some call me Tim
Some call me Tim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum